Catastrophic injuries are those that are so severe that they profoundly change a person’s function and life, for instance in the case of paraplegia or quadriplegia. Accidents resulting in such severe injuries are often complex. Immediate medical attention is unavoidable following such an incident, and must be sought without any delay.
Catastrophic injury claims have many financial implications, including:
- Liability disputes
- Insurance coverage
- Lost wages
- Home care
- Home remodeling
- Massive medical expenses
- Health insurance reimbursement obligations
- Preservation of future health insurance benefits
- Proper handling of settlement funds to preserve entitlement to other benefits
- And so much more
Identifying and obtaining all possible sources of compensation is crucial in these cases, as is the way in which any settlements are handled. An under-qualified attorney attempting to handle the intricacies of a complex catastrophic injury case might not only miss potential sources of recovery, but in handling the claim could cause more financial complications than are being solved. Seeking counsel from a qualified personal injury attorney should be handled immediately, to ensure:
- All evidence is preserved
- You are properly counseled when presenting insurance claims
- All appropriate investigation is conducted to identify responsible parties and sources of recovery
- Other benefits are properly preserved
- Your interests are represented in the pursuit of fair and reasonable compensation for your life-changing injuries
All too often an individual attempts to manage these issues alone or utilizing an under-qualified attorney, only to find that they are misled, stressed and frustrated, under-compensated, and feel re-victimized by the system. Even if you’ve been attempting to manage the claim alone for months, you may find that you are no longer comfortable without assistance. It may not be too late, so don’t delay any longer.
Working with Denise Fullerton of Fullerton Law, P.A. will provide you with the comfort of personalized, compassionate, and aggressive legal representation. Having a highly qualified Minnesota personal injury attorney like Denise eliminates the uncertainty and stress of handling the claim either alone or with under-qualified counsel. Contact Denise now, for a free consultation and some peace of mind.